Men's Playoff Picture: Moving Weekend
Moving weekend in the NCHA Men's Conference has left plenty of
questions leading into the final weekend of the regular
season. While St. Norbert and UW-River Falls both solidified
a home playoff series, no team has clinched a specific seed for the
upcoming playoffs - every team could change position, based on the
results of next weekend's games.
* St. Norbert and UW-River Falls have clinched a home playoff series for at least the opening round.
* St. Norbert clinches at least a share of regular season title with two points next weekend (vs UWSP, vs STOUT)
* Scenarios exist for UW-River Falls, St. Scholastica and UW-Stevens Point to grab a share of the regular season title, all contingent upon each others' and St. Norbert's results next weekend.
* St. Scholastica and UW-Stevens Point both clinch home ice by gaining one point next weekend.
* St. Scholastica and UW-Stevens Point are currently tied in the standings for the #3 seed, and their tie-breaker could come down to total goal differential in NCHA games. They split their season series head-to-head, and the goal differential in those games was even. UW-Stevens Point holds a +7 advantage over St. Scholastica in total goal differential heading into the final weekend.
* UW-Superior's chase for a home playoff series is far from over: If the Yellowjackets gain four points next weekend and UW-Stevens Point and St. Scholastica each gain zero, UW-Superior would take the #3 seed via its holding of the tie-breaker on both those teams.