2016-17 NCHA Women's Slaats Cup Playoffs
SEMIFINALS - Two games, mini-game if necessary
Fri, Feb 24, 2017
#4 Marian 0 at #1 Adrian 4
#3 St. Scholastica 1 at #2 Lake Forest 2
#4 Marian 1 at #1 Adrian 5
(Adrian wins series 2-0)
#3 St. Scholastica 2 at #2 Lake Forest 0
#3 St. Scholastica 0 at #2 Lake Forest 1 (2OT)
(LFC wins series via mini-game)
FINAL - Single game elimination
Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at High Seed
#2 Lake Forest 1 at #1 Adrian 5
F - Brooke Lupi, So, ADR
F - Kayla Griffith, Jr, LFC
D - Sydney Smith, Sr, ADR
D - Kelly O'Sullivan, Fr, ADR
G - Brooke Gibson, Sr, ADR
MVP - Kristin Lewicki, Sr, F, ADR
* Top 4 teams qualify for playoffs.
* Mini-Game Format: If teams split the possible 4 points in first two games, a 20 minute mini-game will be played. If the mini-game is tied after 20 minutes, sudden-death overtime will determine the winner.
* Winner of the Slaats Cup Playoffs earns NCHA's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
If two or more teams are tied in points at the end of the regular season, ties shall be broken as follows:
1 - Head-to-Head competition
2 - Goal differential in games played between the tied teams only
3 - Goal differential in all NCHA games
TWO-GAME SERIES / MINIGAME FORMAT
* Two games are played with standard NCAA rules applying (single 5:00 OT).
* Games 1 and 2 can end in an OT tie.
* If the two games are split or if both end in a tie, a 20-minute minigame is played. At the end of the second game, the ice shall be resurfaced and there is a 15-minute intermission. Starting lineups are announced before the minigame, as in a regular game, and the teams will play the full 20 minutes, regardless of score. Should the game be tied after the 20 minutes, the teams will play 20-minute sudden-death overtimes periods.